Thursday, October 13, 2005

 

Kevin au Canada - Journal #2


Dear journal
When we were caught in traffic I overheard some people talking about Moose Jaw, they said that there was a group of planes called the snowbirds. It sounded pretty exciting that every year the snowbirds do about 65 spectaculer shows in Canada and the U.S! Finaly the traffic was moving and we were headed for Dawson City. When we got there these poeple I didn't even know told me the average household income was $41,792 and after that they asked me for a dollar for telling me that so I just gave them one.I saw a museum so I parked my camper and I went into the history museum but it was so boring that I only remembered that Dawson was the capital city until 1951.After that it was to a R.V. resort. On the highway there was lots of bulletin boards advertising great places to stay, swimming pools and there was alot of turn off to gold mines. I guess today Dawson City's main undustries are tourism and gold . Then I took a very very long journey all the way to Halifax! In Halifax there was a fast food restaurant and a pet store right beside it an we wer starved so I grabbed a bite to eat then I bought my ferret some ferret's snacks then we went to a park nearby to eat as we were going to the park my ferret stared straight into the Atlantic ocean. In the corner of my eye a huge barge was passing by, it was a cool sight to see! Then there was a very loud noise coming from beside us it was a tour bus and it said on it's side: Welcome to one of the fourteen capitals of Canada : HALIFAX. there was another tour bus that said: Welcome to the sith biggest capital in Canada. Finally we got the park, after we ate we played at the park. then after we had left we found an R.V. resortand stayed there for the night. The next day we started leaving Halifax and headed for Prince edward island. There we went to Souris and to Charlottetown. i thought Charloottetown was the most interesting to me because it is the capital of Prince edward island. When were there, just lik Dawson City, there were lots of turn offs for mines. Charlottetown also had a lot of mills. Also like Dawson City tourism is an important industry. After I'm done visiting Charlottetow I'm going to a place that has about 1 000 000 canadians, Saskatchewan.

Comments:
Cool

- Devyn Donald
 
its good
from marika
 
You'ers is so cool good job!!
From;Nya
 
Dear Kevin

j`ai ton histoir il y a beacou de destie et le photo ausie j`aime le ides de le 'ferret"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?