Thursday, October 13, 2005

 

Shawn au Canada - Journal


North West Territories

After a big rest in Ontario, we flew back to Alberta and picked up my motorhome. We then headed for the North West Terrritories. There is lots to do and see here.

We found a campsite and set up camp. We had great neighbors who came and said hi as we were setting up. I decide a great way to end my journey, would be to have a seafood bar-b-que and serve up salmon stuffed with prawns. A favorite dish at my house back home. We planned this dinner to happen in 2 days, so I could go dogsledding and ice fishing. We thought the dinner would be great, so afterwards, we could sit and watch the Northern Lights.

I went dogsledding. It was fun. Having the dogs pull me around the course, I felt like I was three again. The dogs are very friendly and hard working. I liked it so much, that I went around the course 3 times. After that, I knew they had worked so hard, that I asked the owner if I could give them a treat. I had peanut butter flavored dog treats for all 6 of them. Their favorite food is dried salmon with a little bit of cinnamon on top.

After that, I went ice fishing. I drilled a hole in the ice and picked up my fishing rod. The hut was nice and warm, and we were able to have a fire in the fire place there, so it was very relaxing. We caught 10 fish, dried them out, and gave them to the dogs for dinner.

The next day, I spent all day, getting ready for our dinner. I had 20 people coming for dinner. It was good. We had snacky food and for dinner we had the salmon, prawns, coleslaw and potatoes. For dessert we had triple berry, chocolate fudge, peanut butter ice cream with whip cream and a cherry on top.



Finally, we sat down to watch the Northern Lights. It was amazing to watch Aurora dance through the sky. The colours were mixed with blue, red, green, yellow and orange. The Aurora dances and swirls, slower and then faster, mingling with the stars in the night sky. Sometimes the display of lights lasts only a few seconds, or it can last for up to a couple of hours. Sometimes, they happen several times in a night. So, keep your eyes open.

The next morning, I said goodbye to all my new friends, and started my journey back home. It was so nice to see my family again. The End.

Comments:
Bravo Shawn

Très bon journal avec beaucoup de détails.
Bon voyage!
Hélène
 
bonne photo Shawn j'ai aller la aussi sur ma weblog. From LEVI!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?